Sky Hotel: Year-Round Aspen Vacation Adventure
Sky Hotel: Your Year-Round Playground for Aspen Vacations
Aspen has more than earned its accolades as the ultimate winter playground. But we locals have a saying here: ï¿½Come for the winter and stay for the summer.ï¿½ And don't forget spring and fall too, because whatever time of year you decide to visit, you'll be spoiled by so many fantastic options. That's because the truth of the matter is Aspen defines the year-round destination, with too much mountain magic for just one season. Besides adventures like mountain biking, fly fishing, and hiking, other seasons bring open-air concerts, workshops, gallery shows and ballet. So whether you're looking for culture, fabulous food and wine, or adrenaline-fueled sports (or all of the above), look no further than Aspen and the Sky Hotel. Whatever your poison, return to SkyHotel to take a dip in the pool or stop by 39 Degrees for a drink.
Some of the outdoor activities and events you'll want to explore:
You'll have miles of tracks, trails and roads to explore on mountain and road bikes here in Aspen. Outfitters are as plentiful as superb single tracks, so rentals, gear and guided trips are readily available to help you with your two-wheeled adventures.
It's easy to see why everyone from seasoned anglers to novices get hooked on fly fishing here in Aspen. Spectacular scenery and our clear flowing Roaring Fork River brimming with trout make it easy to return home with a full catch of fish stories.
Since we're surrounded by four mountains here in the Rockies, it's not surprising we have epic hikes right outside our door. Whether you're looking for a casual stroll to check the summer wildflowers or want to be challenged with a serious cardio-bumping climb, we've got your peak experience here in Aspen. If you haven't been, hiking the Maroon Bells is a must.
Aspen Food, Wine and Culture
Maybe it's the snow-capped peaks, crisp mountain air and 300 days of sunshine. Whatever it is, art, culture and cuisine flourish here. Aspen celebrates the good life during spring, summer and fall with a full slate of events including our world-class Food & Wine Classic, music festivals, gallery openings, ballet performances and more right outside our door.
Here's how Aspen events and activities can fill your calendar:
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center presents workshops, residencies and lectures for artists of all skill levels
- Aspen Art Museum offers classes and exhibits throughout the year
- Aspen Film presents its annual spring Shortsfest, a summer film series and the fall Filmfest
- Aspen Music Festival and School presents a nine-week season packed with more than 200 musical events, featuring world-renowned soloists, conductors and ensembles
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet presents the annual Aspen Dance Festival
- Aspen Theater in the Park offers plays in repertory from June through August
- Aspen Writer's Foundation presents Summer Words, a literary festival and writing retreat in late June
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass presents two weekends of high energy popular performers in June and at Labor Day
- Aspen is also home to more than 20 art galleries that feature everything from painting, sculpture, handmade art glass, jewelry, furniture, posters, pottery and more
- 12 days of Aspen
- Winter X Games
- Mountain Biking
Looking for more ideas about how to spend a couple of days in Aspen? Our local staff has put together some recommendations Take a look»